Sarnia Chronicles: Profiling the most corrupt city in Canada
Sarnia Chronicles
2008-02-06 18:13:06 UTC
For most people living in Sarnia, lies and deceit are nothing new.
We've come to expect corruption from our Municipal government and police
service, and most of us have just grown tolerant of it out of sheer
frustration. This series of posts will highlight the shame that hangs
over Sarnia, Ontario: The Most Corrupt City in Canada!

From the pages of the local newspaper, the Sarnia Observer, this
e-dictorial:

Shameful display of lies, deceit
Posted 21 hours ago

Donald Campbell has always been a charmer.

When he worked as the executive director of the Lambton County
Association for the Mentally Handicapped he turned it on board members,
families and government officials to build an organizational empire.

Last week it was on display again when he described his efforts to help
senior inmates during a national radio interview.

Indeed, one of the few times when Don Campbell's charm failed him was in
1999 when a Sarnia jury saw through his lies and convicted him of using
a small club to fracture the skull of his wife, Fenny, before staging a
car crash to make her murder look like an accident. The interview on CBC
Radio's "The Current" must have been painful for Campbell's three children.

This is a man who was having an extramarital affair when he killed their
mother in the garage of the family home. The evidence was overwhelming,
yet he refused to acknowledge his guilt, thus forcing his devastated
children to testify at the trial.

During the radio interview, Campbell said he's president of the prison
seniors' group that helps prepare men for life on the outside through
workshops and forums.

"I always find it ironic in the fact that I'm in an institution now when
my 23 years in the community was to get the developmentally handicapped
individuals out of an institution," he said.

It was a charm offensive, but it didn't work on Campbell's children.
Brent Campbell, 25, read a rebuttal on the air on "The Current."

And Joel Campbell, 28, described his estranged father's comments as a
misleading self-promotion.

If we never hear from Don Campbell again, it will be soon enough.

Murderers in positions of authority are not the only disease to plague
this corrupt little town. Next we will look at convicted pedophiles in
the Sarnia and the power of corporate greed.
c***@gmail.com
2017-03-17 20:02:31 UTC
Donald Campbell remains a manipulative narcissistic control freak. I have had the misfortune to interact with this individual and his attitude and his sense of entitlement is appalling.